Old August 22nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #71
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Require update. What is your ETA to return to riding? When will you be at Mid O learning from the master? Keep us posted and good luck
I did a quick update in my first ride thread. I had the pleasure of being at Mid O with Chris this past weekend. We arrived late morning/early afternoon on Saturday and left a little after one on Monday morning.

Words can't express the happiness I'm still feeling over the experience, and how grateful I am to Chris for taking the time to help me out. This world really needs more people like him. I wish I could have stayed longer, in fact, a few of the guys wanted me too! I left that up to him though, and I was completely understanding of the fact that he was exhausted and needed to be able to concentrate on doing his job with the novice group on the track Monday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time that I did have with him. I only had one bit where the smile left my face, and that's when I dropped Takara. I wasn't mad about her getting scuffed up, I was mad at myself and slightly embarrassed. He gave me the time I needed chill for few minutes back at the trailer so I could collect my thoughts, get over it, and move on. My smile was back soon after

We didn't get to everything he had wanted me to practice (quick stops for example), but I'm at a point now where I feel comfortable in my ability to get off my street and ride on some of the quieter roads in my area as well as practicing in a parking lot on my own.

It was an awesome experience for me. I know I'll have to work at getting where I want to be, but I also know I'll have fun doing it. I look forward to going back and being on the track next year.

@csmith12 I've been dying to know what happened with the bike key situation

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.