View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #12
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
ST farkles + heavy luggage + contents thereof + passenger = lots and lots of weight.

Let us know how it performs… or rather, doesn't.

I think the 250 has adequate power as-is, even with gear for a one-person trip (I did it -- a 2500 mile road trip, no complaints). With all that extra stuff… not so sure.
I don't yet do a lot of long trips. It has successfully carried me + passenger + Coocase full of heavy books and a tablet across town; just have to wring the gears out whereas alone I tend to short-shift for mpg (by which I mean; anything under the point where the rpm/torque curve heads downward, around 10k stock, is short-shifting.)

I didn't buy a case thinking I'd carve canyons (if anyone finds a canyon in MI, let me know) with a fully-laden bike.

Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen 2012 Ninjette? What, do you mean the American (carbs) or European (EFI) Ninjette? I don't know ***aaaaa, falls into the Pit of Eternal Peril ***
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote