View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #33
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
Looking foward to what you find out. I have a second zip tie standing by.
I rode for about a half hour with the second zip, but there was significant binding. I then proceeded to experiment by grinding and re-installing. I did so a dozen times or so until I found the right combo. Now, I have only revved the bike, I have not ridden it yet. But, come tomorrow, I should discover if it is, indeed, bindfree.

Regarding performance, I can tell you know that it is far superior to the single zip mod. Although it takes a bit more effort to twist the grip, you comfortably go WOT with only a quarter turn.

I was able to almost wheelie in first and second gear. I have never been able to do that before. Since you are removing a big obstacle (having to wind baaaaaack the throttle and regrip and wind baaaack), you achieve maximum HP's almost instantly.

One word of caution, the bike will require MUCH more throttle control because a smaller movement will result in much greater responsiveness.

The double zip tie mod should only be performed by more experienced riders.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote