View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Cortech Tail Bag

http://www.revzilla.com/product/cort...ort-tail-bag-2

Just got mine delivered today and just took it out for a spin to the grocery store to pick up some things and I must say, it is fantastic. The thing is deceptively small, looks much smaller on the bike when you're actually looking at it then it does in the pictures (a reoccurring theme it seems for anything motorcycle related: whether it's the actual motorcycle, gear, accessories....it all looks completely different in person). It has quite a spacious interior, you won't be able to fit the moon in there but for everyday traveling/errand running it is more than sufficient. It will definitely be nice to be able to ride to work in the mornings without a backpack on as well since I won't have anything blocking the air circulation in my jacket resulting in a soaked back once I arrive

I was slightly worried about the bag taking away from the aesthetics of the ninjette, but I must say those concerns were completely misplaced. It is very low profile and discreet while still being very very functional. Reading reviews for the bag everyone had good things to say about the security of the attachment hooks but obviously I wanted to try it out myself before I went and put my laptop/work stuff in it. During my little errand run I took it up to about 60 mph/~100 kmh and it stayed snug and secure.

If you were trying to decide what tailbag to purchase or on the fence because you were worried a tailbag might look dumb, I'd definitely recommend this one If anyone wants pictures I can post them up, otherwise I won't worry about it.

One thing I'll have to figure out is how to get on my baby with the tailbag attached without looking like a complete ass, it's proving to be difficult so far.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bag on the bike:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01263.jpg (143.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01264.jpg (128.5 KB, 68 views)

Last futzed with by Honko; August 7th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote