View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #20
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eyebrowz View Post
So is it easy to detach to the bike? I am looking for something like this that I can put my lunch, shoes, and other stuff in the bag when I go to work but need something that is easy to detach from the bike to bring it in the building I work at. Does it have any shoulder straps? or handle to easily care it?
The cortech tail bag comes with a shoulder strap (like a purse) that clips on and a nice handle. It has bungee cords X'ed under it's bottom with nice hooks... you shorten the bungees by tieing a knot in the end. My 650 doesn't have hand grips on the side of the seat, so I had to hook to the turn signals. That was less than optimal but worked. It has a really nice neoprene pad on the bottom so it'll stay put and not slide around too much. So to take it inside with you would be like 4 bungee hooks and throw it over your shoulder.

In winter gear I had trouble lifting my leg over the bag, but I've since figured out that you step on the left peg when you mount and your leg is magically able to clear the top of the bag. doh.

Right now, mine is clipped on to my cortech sport bags. It's a nice little feature... they designed the matching saddlebags with little nylon squeeze clips. When you use the tailbag with their saddlebags, you don't have to use the bungee anymore. I hard mounted the bags and we had to extend the little clips they sent with the tail bag so that it would attach to the saddlebags.

If you don't like the bungees you can probably rig up something using their nylon clicky snaps.

http://www.cortechperformance.com/im...hangtag_r1.pdf

Wes