View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2019, 10:31 AM   #1
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

2007 250ZZR Carb cleaning - any mods should I do while the carb is apart?

Good afternoon, everyone!

I have finally got my first bike - 2007 Canadian ZZR 250 (EX250H) with 11k miles on it and now going through the overall maintenance, cleaning.

I am working on the carb now and took everything apart and am currently soaking the body in Pinesol.
I am going to do the cleaning on the weekend and will start putting it back together.

I am planning to shim the needle with a couple of washers to make it running richer. At the moment the bike slightly hesitates when I open the throttle quickly and the plugs are a bit white/grayish which suggests me it's running on the lean side.

Now I am thinking should I go with a slightly bigger pilot jet (current is 38 , I was thinking 40) before I assemble it back ? The bike was idling OK. My mixture screws were out 2 1/4R and 2 3/4L turns from the factory (the plugs were still in). They are close to what I read a tigger of going a bit higher (3 turns).

I am also planning to replace the stock (in the fitting) fuel filter with an external filter from a lawn mower tractor which is a bit bigger and more convenient to change and it provides better filtering.

Are there any other mods that could be done to the carb while it is still parted out ?

Thank you in advance.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote