View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2019, 06:08 PM   #14
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
The ZZR250 doesn't have a 2-into-1 exhaust, right? Correct me if I'm wrong but the ZZR250 has the same exhaust configuration as the Pre-Gen bikes.
Greg, I really appreciate the picture ! Nice looking bottom of the bike, looks really like it's receiving some TLC

ZZR does have the same exhausts configuration.

Thanks for all the information. That's something to think about possibly next winter. I have got my hands full for this winter - the bike was kind taken care of from the simple maintenance prospective - the guys was following oil changes, chain lubes and cleaning the exterior. But mechanically it was a bit neglected and I now have to fix all that first so I can pass the Ontario safety inspection. Some of the crazy stuff I caught: original 12 years old tires - cracking already, the front engine bracket was holding just on one bolt on one side - and that bolt had the nut half way loose (he is lucky as he could literally lose the engine on a big bump). other missing bolts and nuts here and there .

Started with the valves and fixing the intake issues - carb, airbox, etc..
I actually found few reasons why my rpm sometimes were funky , already recovered a what looked like a mosquito leg from one of the needle jets. Breather connector was loose, one boot from the carb to the head was loose. I guess I had quite some vacuum leaks there. It's great you talked me our of changing the jets. Looks like the reason for lean running lies elsewhere.

I did notice you have that oil cover from the new gen, at first I actually thought yours is the new gen.

I have already purchased a cover from a 2008 new gen. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote