Thread: CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2021, 12:36 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

CSC TT250

Our CSC TT250 was delevered this morning right off the show room floor.
in White !
with the fancy crash plate/engine guard but not the lower seat, they said
previously they were out of stock and will send one when they come in in a few weeks, so that's fine.
We put on the hand guards and put gas in it and checked it out real good
so I took it for a 21 mile ride and had no problems with it at all.
it is very under powered compaired to the Ninja but it definately is a good putt-putt machine ! by the time I got back my hands were trying to go to sleep on me anyway and it was getting warm out, so it was a good time to park it. that big 21" front wheel is nice to go over stuff with that is for sure and the bike itself is alot more comfortable than the Ninja by far ....
I have barely enough length in my legs to touch the ground on the balls of my feet... I NEED that lowered seat ! LOL
the pre-load has about 1" of threads on the mono shock so I could lower it quite a bit right there, but it's the Kids bike not mine and I'll do what he wants....
the power is definitely lacking for a modern 250cc it's more like a 175cc than a 250cc I'ed say... but it's a new engine and tight so I didn't push it hard and took it easy on the girl and didn't lug it much on my ride
I did get it up to 60 mph, down hill with the wind behind me and I had to reposition the throttle twice to do that ! ... the throttle has a very long stroke to it.... I haven't seen that for 40 years !
all in all for a bike that will move you from point a to point b it will get the job done ! and from what I could tell it will get the job done on dirt as well.
.... I'm happy with it and I guess that is what counts , the Kid is elated !
but hasn't ridden it yet... still needs his licenses !
but loves the look of it...and he can touch the ground better on it than I can
LOL......
so first impressions are good , not great as it's not real powerful , I expected a bit more power, but that should improve as it gets broke in.
to the door I think I paid $3200 for it, around there anyway... so cheap compared to a Japanese bike ( that includes tax and licenses...)
My CSC RX4 is still a month away but if mine rides as good as this one I will be super happy.... and it has the HP ! I think the Ninja will take the back seat for a while !.... but I already know it won't handle the corners like the ninja does.... that is a given ! LOL
Bob......