Thread: CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:55 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ugh !....I scratched the new bike !
I took the TT250 up the road about 5 miles to a side road that's dirt and tried to get to a cinder pit up there.... I didn't make it the traction on that thing is almost non existent ! I had the front fighting me all the way up there in the loos sandy volcanic soil... and lots of activity on that road made lots more sand
so it was a hard ride up there the sandy soil finally got the best of me and I went off the road , I stopped it in time and then tried to figure out how to get the bike back on the road again.... so I had burned brush all around me from the recent forest fire, and deep super soft soil just like at a beach under my tires...
I got off with some difficulty and put everything i had into backing that thing up just 3 feet.... tried to get back on it and we fell over into a burned out bush
and it scratched the paint ! !!! in several places ! which didn't make me happy at all, I managed to get the bike back upright and got back on it without falling over again, got it running and decided to just head back I had had enough adventure for today....LOL...
I got back down off the mountain side and found some sturdy ground to park on and then surveyed the damage.... nothing broken just black soot all over me and the bike .... a few scratches on the tank and muffler as I fell into the manzineta bush that was burned out... the mirror unscrewed and flexed so it didn't break so all in all I got off light !
I then let some air out of the tires ...my god they must have had 35psi in those things I had to let out alot of air before they would flex a little by hand... anyway the rest of the ride back to the highway was softer and less apt to sild out in the soft soil... a bit anyway...
going home I hit 60 mph but didn't push it past that.
.... glad it's the Kids bike as I would NOT be happy with the height of that thing.... reminds me of a XR650L Honda ! you know the bike you need a step ladder just to think about it !
.... so now the odometer sets at 31 miles on it.... breaking this thing is going to take me a long time alone ! LOL....

it ran better today though had a bit more power... so that's something.
Bob....