Thread: CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2021, 10:18 PM   #18
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Alot of water has gone under the bridge sense the last post here....
On the Ninja I've lowered the rear by about 3.5" is my best guess (as I went up one click on the pre load and I am thinking about going 1 more.)
and I lowered the front forks in the triple trees by almost exactly 2"
and I can set on the little ninja with my Knees slightly bent now so it's perfect!
I've ridden it several times and the handling is FANTASTIC... best handling bike I've ever owned, bar none ! ( even better than the W1 kawasaki 650 (BSA clone)) and it handled real, real good !
on the CSC TT250 I took it out to the mountain top again and had a real good ride with it.... the odometer now stands at 111 miles on it ! so I'm gaining on it ! ( i'm trying to get 500 miles so I can do the first sirvice !)
all in all I'ed rather ride the Ninja even with it's Crotch rocket riding position
as I am slowly getting used to it but I find myself leaning on my hands quite often and I have to re set my position to fix that.....
it's not natural at all for me.
I had the delight of just getting away and going for a ride the other morning
and the little 250 got me to 80mph with no trouble... acceleration at that speed is fairly dismal I noticed though.... to go over 100mph with this bike I'ed have to be going down hill I think ! LOL (probably because of the final gearing change)
but she zips down the road real nice for me ...and with it lower than it was it is alot more creature compatible for this old man !
I'm looking for bike covers I'll need 3 of them , does anyone have a recommendation ? I want something to keep the snow off the bikes ! as I don't have a garage !
.... Bob......