View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2022, 08:59 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok I fired it up easily.... left the choke on and it raises the idle to about 4,000 RPM
but I figure that is to get it warm.... i turned the choke off and it would idle at about 500~800 RPM for a few seconds then it would die so I adjusted up the idle thumb screw
and tried it again a few times till I got the idle screw in far enough to effect it...
I set the idle at about 1000 to 1,500 RPM and tried adjusting the fuel air screw and man that really changed things.... after I slowed it back down again I re adjusted the fuel air screw for the peak RPM and then hit the throttle and it took throttle very well
... the gain of RPM is almost DOUBLE how it used to be.... it grabs the RPM MUCH faster than it used to .... I'm thinking it will wheelie now ! it's that much better than it was....
when I had the carb off I put in the smallest main jet I had for it I think it's a 122
it came with a 124 in it I think...
..... now that little bike should do something !
I still have to do a color check on the sparkplug to make sure it's burning right on top RPM but as far as sitting there and grabbing the throttle it is MUCH better than it was !
.... Obviously I need to take it out for a ride and see what it does, but at the moment there is frost on everything and it's supposed to get to 49 degrees today so I'm going to wait till it warms up a bit ! LOL
that new carb really made a big difference.... ! I don't have the snorkel hooked up to the air box right now.... so if that changes allot when I put it back on I'll have to open up the air box some .... I doubt I will have to as the manufacturers usually leave some head room on the intake side....not much but some !...we'll see I guess! but they do notoriously choke down the exhaust side something terrible..... I've addressed that a little bit earlier... but I'ed love to get a flow through type muffler for it.
so far ...so good !
Bob........