View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2022, 09:45 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL Man that is PROOF !!!! that has happened to me more times than I can recount ! especially while working on engines.... I remember one while I was working on my Honda 90 transmition .... I swapped the cluster from another engine I had there for parts as I had burned the one in my bike pirty bad because of a sticky shifting fork... so I had the parts I just replaced the whole set.... I was getting ready to put both halves of the split cases back together
and making sure I had all the components in there and it dawned on me the shimms were missing on the ends of the transmition shafts.... so I rounded them up and inadverntly dropped one but it never hit the ground I looked for a good hour for it and finally said fooie on it and took one from the set I had just replaced.... now when I dropped that one I was not standing over the engine
I was a good 2 feet from it...so I thought I could find it on the dirt floor...but no luck.... I put the bike back together and ran it for a few weeks and I took the side plate off of it to do some clutch checking ... and I found that shim washer laying inside the clutch plate cover..... it could NOT have gotten there !
there is no way ! the only thing I could figure was it re appeared after it was assembled..... and that made cold chills run down my spine it could have very easily locked up the transmition and destroyied the engine !!!!
.... yet it could not have fallen into the engine half.... but I guess the VOID knew where it was supposed to go and sense there was one already on it it just dropped it in the cases ! ..... it's like UH? WHAT ? it hurts my head to think about that !!! LOL
.... another was dropping a 12" nail/spike I was using to hold the ridge beam
on in my log cabin I built in Big Bend ca. i had to shimmy up the main post about 35' high. and got up there and hoisted up the ridge pole and drove in one spike so it was secure... I reached for the other one in my back pocket while dangling up there and I inadverntly dropped the big nail.... I saw it hit and bounce and lay there..... so I climbed down went over to pick it up and it wasn't there.... I looked all over in the thick pine needle covered ground but I could not find it.... finally I took a rake and raked the entire area ....no nail
so I called it quits as I was too tired to care anyway... I had 3 more spikes so I figured I'ed get it in the morning..... morning came and there it was laying right where I saw it land with the pine needles raked away ! in plane view !
.... no doubt there is more going on in this world than we are aware of !
HAHAHAH
Bob......