View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2022, 10:12 PM   #22
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, I took the bike back into the shop and took the seat off it and lifted the rear of the gas tank and heard a snap/pop and I thought ooooh darn it ! I keep forgetting that fairing connection infront of the tank ! and sure enough I broke the same one off again....
so I pulled that fairing off the tank and J.B.welded it again !
I then pulled the slide out of the carburator and got the jet needle out and raised it one clip and put it back together again... tomorrow I will heat the one side pannel a bit more and try to get it to bend around the air box snorkel I made a bit better as it was sticking out a bit.... I also used the last of the J.b.Weld on a clip I made for the front of that piece to help hold it in... we'll see if that helps LOL
.... tomorrow I have a stupid doctor's appointment so I don't know if I'll get it back together in time to test it out or not... maybe !
I did a plug color check and it did look lean so I went ahead and lowered the clip so we'll see if that helps or not...I may well have to put in a larger main jet to get it to work right....
Bob........