View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2022, 04:12 PM   #30
blanzer
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholas

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
i'd test the stator output.....set meter to AC volts....find the 3 yellow stator output wires (unplug the rr, they will be accessible from the harness fitting)

test 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 1 to 3, writing down readings of each, which should be near 60 AC volts with engine running at 4,000 rpm. Any variations to above readings... stator no good. If they are all equal and near 60...RR may be bad. I happen to have a plug-in MOSFET RR which fits both the 250 pregen and EX500

https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do...system_work%3F
So I retested them all. Cuz I already did before. But this time they were all consistent. Before they were sporadic so I’m confused lol. Maybe I used the wrong setting on the multimeter? Not sure. But all 3 for resistance read .8 with tips reading .1(I thought the tips were .2-.3 but I don’t think I held them together steady enough to get an accurate reading) so all 3 are at .7
When I tested with the bike on I got 20volts across the board and at 5k rpm’s I got 70volts across the board. Now this leads me to believe that my R/R is bad. So did I just buy a bad R/R? Guess it’s plausible. How much is the R/R you have? Also, I notice it has only 5 wires. What do I do with the extra wire? Do I need it? Lol
blanzer is offline   Reply With Quote