View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

'06 With a Blown Engine (Austin, TX)

Heyo so my bike recently blew its head gasket at 33k. I think it was the radiator fan going out intermittently that just snowballed.

Anyway, the bike is otherwise in fair shape. It's had its share of drops and a slide but that was some 15k ago and had ridden fine since (other than the head gasket obviously). I'd say the main draw at this point is that I custom painted it and plastic-welded the plastics back together. By no means are they spotless but they and the tank have held up well despite it all.

These pics were taken a couple months ago. Not much has changed other than a bit of dust.

Anyway if anyone's in the Austin area who's interested, shoot me a price. I'm not terribly picky.

I loved this bike (literally) to death and it means a lot to me but I like the idea of him staying in some part in the ninjette appreciation community. But I'll be putting him on CL/FB marketplace soon anyway. I already have one broken car in my apartment complex, I don't need to be taking up more space, lol.