Old April 15th, 2020, 02:52 PM   #15
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Glad you got it back!

What's the story? Who stole it? How was it recovered? Were perps severely punished???
Unfortunately, all I can gather is that it was dumped, the police found it, and I had to pay the outrageous tow yard fees just to get it back.

Just from the sheer lack of sense that went into what they attempted to do to it and their *fabulous* painting skills, my friends and I feel like meth was involved. It was found with no plates and no front blinkers, and no mirrors so I don't think they were trying to make it street legal. Judging from the copious amount of coolant residue on top of the paint, I'd say they got it started and quickly realized they had wasted an outrageous amount of time and effort on a ****ed up bike.

So that was the small bit of solace I got from the whole ordeal. I'm glad I wasted the hell out of their time between it being a busted bike and also that every single body bolt and fastener was a random bolt with a different head and size that I'd pull from my toolbox every time an original would fall out.
I just tore the body work and tank off it and I needed no fewer than 5 separate allen wrenches, screw drivers, and sockets lmao. At least I can order a full body bolt kit now!