View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2022, 02:41 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well Phooie ! I am glad I checked now, but they are way off.....
just on No#1 alone the intake is .006 and .007 which is ok, they should both be at .006 though....
but the Exhaust is at .004 for both and that is way too tight. they should be at .008 ~.010
if memory serves.....
so now I get to hassel trying to find the right shim and pull the cams out
.... Aurgh !
in my younger years I would consistently add about .002 to the stock settings but those were air cooled engines with adjustable rockers...
with this beast I think I will shoot for the wide end on both intake and exhaust as this
thing does run very warm but I don't think I'll add the 2 thow I used too LOL
from what I have been able to decipher on the net these 250's have a tendency to shrink their gap rather than widen it.... which, if that is true... erring to the wide side would give better results in the long run.... for longer duration between valve checking

I remember a long time ago Several guys here mentioned I may have tight valves as it was being so cold blooded .... turns out you guys were right on ! KUDO's !
.... at least on one cylinder anyway, I haven't checked the other one yet.
....this is NOT what I expected at all ..... i thought I'ed find them all within specks
bummer deal dude !
Bob......