View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2015, 12:55 PM   #13
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

A local org went to the one-crash-and-done rule a few years ago, after crunching all of their data up until that point on crash statistics. It was pretty telling, that the chance of someone who has crashed once, going back out and crashing again that same day was alarmingly high. This was a few years back, so forgive me if I biff the details by some amount, but IIRC, the overall crash rate was 6% (6 out of 100 riders are going to hit the deck on an average track day of theirs). But the chances of the same rider going back out and crashing twice, it was something obscene, like 3 times that normal average. The data was pretty compelling.

Personally, I fully get how in a race situation, if you crash in one race, teching it and getting right back out there for the next grid is completely normal/accepted. But since we are talking about trackdays, crashing is never supposed to be acceptable. Having it in the back of one's mind that they need to keep whatever margin is required to keep from crashing or they are done for the day, doesn't rub me the wrong way.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote