Thread: cargo net?
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:22 AM   #9
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
so I bought a cargo net via the advice of a member here to store things. I cannot for the life of me figure out how it is supposed to hook to anything other than the passenger seat pegs?
Will it work when I get my seat cowl?
Has anyone had it damage their paint?
I want to vinyl wrap my bike AND Seat cowl, will it cause damage to the vinyl?
I want to eventually get a fender eliminator kit, can the cargo net still be used?
sorry for so many questions but I want to use it with out losing cargo LOL thats kind of the point :-/ It has a 3x3 hole and when I went to go test how stretchy it is, i fit my whole head through it!! ( dont ask xD) Will this allow my stuff to fall out? Does anyone know if they make ones with smaller holes? I only paid about $5 for it.
I use a single carabiner to clip the edges of the cargo net together underneath the seat. I do not use any of the clips; in fact, I've removed the plastic clips from my cargo net. To "install" the cargo net, I basically lay the seat upside down in the middle of the cargo net, then just fold over all the corners to the center of the underside of the seat. Then I carabiner all of the edges together.

With my net, I have not had damage.

In the past, with thinner metal edge hooks, I have just linked them all together instead of using a carabiner. However, I could only find cheap plastic clip cargo nets when I was looking for my last one.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote