Old August 26th, 2019, 02:38 PM   #63
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDanger View Post

Hi all,
I did a search here for CSS and found this thread. MK, I don’t own a 250 but have rented little ninjas from feel like a pro before. Lol, recognize those in some of the pics here. Good stuff.

Just got back this week from the CSS school up at the ridge. So i am reading the thread and Misti’s name pops up. Ha! She was my coach this week. Too cool.

I ride as many trackdays as I can but local trackdays in texas are, light on meaningful instruction. Seat time alone does little for improvement in my case. But it is fun like nothing else. The personal attention and drills at CSS for your riding sins were an absolute pleasure. Time to buy a lottery ticket, I need more of this in my life! Then I found your thread. Great discussion. Keep it coming as I am your sponge.

I first attended CSS in 2005, Misti was also my coach then too. (Yes, really)! I need to do this more often after doing level 4. All the focussed attention gave me a lot to start lifting me off what felt like a developmental flat spot. Need to do this again. And again.

So I am long winded getting to this question:
$ is a finite resource. Each year I try to do a couple fly away track days. Rental bikes are required. CSS has everyone beat.
($200 for an s1000rr.. i had never ridden anything so magic. Quite a contrast to my nsr50r trackbike.)

But with travel, the overal expense is significant. So, if I have to pick a track for next year (just one), I want to ask, what’s your favorite track on the CSS calendar? I can’t do them all, gotta choose.

Please share why it is your pick if you don’t mind. I got two votes for VIR this week. Agree? Disagree. Please help a humble student.
Hi Michael!! Crazy that I was your coach in 2005 and then again this year! Guess I've been with CSS a while hey . It was a pleasure to work with you and I'm happy to see this nice write up! As for Fav track, VIR is top of a lot of the coaches list, that and the Ridge. I prefer Barber to VIR though but it's close . I also like Sonoma a lot and Laguna is cool because, well, it's laguna Seca

Anyway, hope to see you at the next CSS event you make it to!!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote