View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2022, 10:35 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ahh Man...the last 2 days have just dragged on so slowly....
I am waiting for warm weather to give the RX4 a long run....
I think I'll head to the gas station we use about 20 miles away and fill up the bike.... and then head back....
that's a good run and will definately show me if the bike is over heating or not
( i don't think it is it's just their stupid gauge)
.... but the reason for the ride other than just to Ride is to see if my adjustment of the suspension has done anything at all..... I read where all the RX4's come with their suspension set to the hardest ride possable for some reason...
so I took the rear shock 10 turns out and the forksa long way... they have a stop on them but the rear doesn't have.... so I am hoping it will ride softer...
it should after all having the dampening as tight as it can be would make it slow to react on every bump making it very rough riding....
Anyway.... yesterday we had rain ....just a sprinkle but it was something
and today about the same...not even enough to wet the ground but enough to mess up the windshield on the car ! LOL
and we are in a really bad drought now as we only have about 1/4 the rainfall we normally have over the winter.... it's quite dry out there now...
god help is this summer for forest fires !
sense I lowered the TT250 in the rear so I could get some miles on it
(151 miles on it now) i talked it over with the Kid and the Kid wanted it put back where it was rather than lowering the front..... but I was either going to do that or raise the rear back up ..... and if I had lowered the front I would have needed to cut the side stand and make it shorter...
the kid is taller than me.... I can still touch the ground with the balls of my feet but not flat footed now and it sets on it's side stand much much better !
I have the TT250 in the shop right now .... I also pulled the battery and added water to the DRY battery and now it's holding a light charge, not enough to use the electric starter but it does have some power now. I'm hoping it will charge up real good again.
so ALL the bikes are ready to go.... just waiting for good weather !
Bob........