View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2022, 04:28 PM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yah I usually check it and set it every month or so ....once they get in and set their usually trouble free for many miles but if you take a wheel off like I just did then you have to double check everything a few times....
so I tightened and set the chain tension and axle bolt... I think it might be a tad tight as the rear tire does not want to roll easy..... how do I know that ? well I hopped on the bike and rode up to the truck stop and got gas... about 200 feet from the gas pump the bike just quit like you turned off the key....
I pulled behind a truck and pushed the carb tickler button down and nothing...
so I'm out of gas ! ... so I try pushing the bike the last 200 feet to the gas pump but it's like the brakes are on on the rear wheel..... I finally got it over there and filled the tank with regular....
tickled the carbs but it never even tried to fire... so I pushed the bike away from the gas pump so others could use it and started investigating why it wasn't even trying to start... I checked the turn signals and no flash at all,,, so I figured I popped a fuze.... I open the seat and pull the fuze and sure enough the fuze is blown.... I look around for some tinfoil and found some ...wrapped the fuze in tinfoil and put it back in and gave her a kick and it fired right up..... that was strange ! what are the odds of blowing a fuze and running out of gas at the same time ?????
weird ! ... anyway it ran fine all the way back home where I pulled it into the back yard to find out why that wheel doesn't want to turn easy....
cuz that's not right....
that was alot more trouble than going to get gas should be ! so I parked it and went and got a beer and cool down lol....
but the work I did on the rear brake works perfectly
..... there seems to be a bulge in the front tire or something maybe it is out of balance or something .....but it's definitely annoying
.... but for a 1st run of the year i guess it was a success even if I didn't go far... time to find more fuzes and put some tools on that bike !
at 65 I shifted again and it went into another gear and I was all smiles from there on ! and that last gear is steep so cruising at 80 with this bike is not a problem !
.... I do hope I don't have to push that bike again...that was a work out !
Bob.......

Bob......