View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Idealhobbies
ninjette.org member

Name: Allan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2003 Yamaha Vstar 650

Hello from Milford, Delaware

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Allan. I just bought a new to me 2007 Ninja 250 today after a lot of research...largely here. Thank you everyone who has contributed to this huge vat of information. Bike has under 5k miles and after reading here, I knew what to look for in my inspection. So, again, Thank you.

My reason for buying this bike is a bit complex, yet simple. I will be 48 in a few days, and my youngest turns 18 just prior to my birthday. Years ago, I rode a 600 sport bike, then I became the sole provider for 3 kids, so I sold it for their sakes. I have wanted another ever since, but forced myself to wait. Last year, I broke my leg badly. I now have a whole bunch of hardware that will give me hell at the airport. My leg is weak now, and always will be, so a heavy bike is out of reach. Enter the 250. Not what I have yearned for, but at least I can ride it, and most importantly, it’s light enough that I can hold it. 2nd reason is that my son wants to learn to ride, so I can teach him on a reasonable bike.

Well, that’s my story. Thanks again for all of the great information. It’s appreciated.

Allan
Idealhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote