View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #22
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

At this point it would be tough to go back and reconstruct a full-up listing of the cost for each item. I wasn't exactly keeping track as I gathered the parts and did the work, plus some of it came from a friend in San Antonio.

Just a wild-assed guess would be somewhere between $1,700 and $2,000 all-inclusive (if you want to count the 2-into-1 exhaust).

I didn't give much thought to money while I was doing this. It was "mad money." Just discretionary spending.

The only weight issue was how many pounds the bike lost when I got rid of the stock exhausts and the center stand. I would guess the injection equipment doesn't weigh but a few pounds more than the carb equipment (just the fuel pump, pressure regulator, and fuel filter are "extra" weight compared to the carb version).

As far as power is concerned I haven't gotten the bike to a "full power" state of tuning yet. The weather has gone snowy here in Spokane so riding has been impossible lately. But even in it's "rough" state of tune the bike feels at least as lively as the carburated version.

I think it's going to be great when I get it dialed in. I know a guy who injected a Honda CB-750 and it's throttle response is absolutely razor-sharp.

The warnings I would give to anyone who might even think about doing a fuel injection project are as follows:

Don't do it if you need your bike for daily transportation (it takes a while),

don't do it if spending money on your EX-250 bothers or embarrasses you,

don't do it if anyone has ever accused you of not having enough patience (because you're going to need a lot of patience just to get through the wiring process),

don't do it if you get frustrated easily,

don't do it if your wife or girlfriend gets jealous of anything that takes up your time.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote