View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1
marines2060
ninjette.org member

Name: tony

Motorcycle(s): 1986 kawasaki 250r

1986 ninja 250 build

Hey all, ive been around here for awhile now, thought id start a build thread!

Short story: I got this bike for free i wanna fix it and ride it this summer.

Long story: I got the chance to pick this bike up about two years ago from a good friend who had kept it for 10 years without touching it. It had a blown motor and tons of pieces missing, mostly trim. I was big into bikes right out of high school, well things happened and i have to move out on my own and the bike was in storage till this past weekend when i got it back into a garage! I worked on it for a few months before i had to move out, i found some rough front fairings and little odds and ends, swapped the motor out from an eliminator 250 and ran into an electrical problem that i will still need help to diagnose. I snagged a NOS windshield on ebay which is awesome. Theres also no title to it as of now, I will have to deal with that at the dmv. I plan to take the saftey course in between spring semester ending and summer school starting.

some pictures...

This looks like the right place to post a build thread, if not please move it to the right place.

I am new to motorcycles but not to wrenching. My job specializes in renting, preping, and track side service for Ford Spec Racers. its an awesome job that i have been doing for a year almost.

some pictures of that...

Im also big into bmw's My daily is a 1990 325is and im also building a 1970 2002 that will be for the track. I will be busy with these too, so this will be painfully slow but ill try my best to not make you guys fall asleep.

some of that....

My plan for the bike is to first get it to run and then work on cosmetics/ upgrades and ride it any chance i get! Ill be asking a lot of noob questions so bare with me.

thanks,

Tony
marines2060 is offline   Reply With Quote