View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #24
marines2060
ninjette.org member

Name: tony

Motorcycle(s): 1986 kawasaki 250r

today i had a little time to work on the bike. Stripped the body work off of it and piled it up for a day when i want to do fiberglass work. I drained the old gas thats been sitting for 2 years. The battery still has life left in it, then i tried to sort out the electrical problem i had before i got my hands on it again.

Last time i worked on it wasn't getting spark on one of the spark plugs, so i started there. I saw that when the bike was in the "on" position, the side where i was getting spark i was getting ~9.75v from the wiring going to the coil. On the other side where i wasn't getting spark, the wiring going into the coil was 0v nothing at all. I traced the wiring to see if something was pinched or not connected right and found nothing. The power and ground both go to the igniter, do those go bad often? If im getting power to the other coil does that mean its not the igniter since they are both coming from that? what else is there that i didn't check? or did none of that make any sense, haha.

pictures anyways!

naked 250

stuff i need to fix/prep for paint

Thanks!
marines2060 is offline   Reply With Quote