View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #48
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Thanks, Gregg! Ah man, that would have been cool to know at the time, I'd like to meet you one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg_VA View Post
Rick's good people.
I found him through the witness list, but then also heard about him from witnessing a USA Today reporter doing her first SS down the east coast. He was awesome to meet and a friendly guy (especially at oh dark thirty).

Quote:
One thing that I wanted to point out, I believe you made a statement that IBA Cert Rides must be witnessed by IBA members (I believe I read that).... is not an accurate statement. I have many Cert rides where the witnesses were just ordinary people going about their day until I interrupted them for their signature....
Oh, I need to find that. Never meant to imply IBA members were the only ones, my Dad and friends have signed many of my forms. I like getting IBA members to sign as it's probably the only chance I will meet many of the fine LD folks I hear about. Since I don't do rallies, not many other chances to bump into them.

Quote:
What is the app that you are using on your cell phone that shows your track on the right and your stats on the left?
I have GPS Kit HD by Garafa, LLC on my iPad that will load GPX files, it even has a nice little standalone track editor that I used to clean up the goofy readings my GPS picked up. Or if you feel like ponying up the $99 they have a wicked little GIS tool as well. oh, and a Road Trip Weather app.... *wanders off to investigate*
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote