View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #54
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ah, @Gregg_VA, I believe I found the misleading statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
These rides only require one authorized IBA member's signature for a witness, I like getting two.
To clarify for any others seeking to do IBA rides, Gregg is correct that witnesses can be anyone who is not actually riding with you - family, friends, or random strangers.

The clarify my statement above, the US Route 50 ride uses the Coast to Coast rules for witnesses and documentation. Due to the advanced level of this ride, for the witnesses the rules state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBA Site
Find at least one police officer, firefighter, judge, notary public or authorized Iron Butt Association member willing to sign your witness form (sample attached). You may fill out the witness section with the Police Station/Fire House address. Ask the officer to supply his badge number and note it on the witness form. Should you be unable to find a willing police officer (please note that to date, this has never been a problem for any ride - it is easier than it sounds) or you wish to start your ride from a motorcycle dealership, the Iron Butt Association will gladly accept the signature of any two dealership employees. If that is not possible, you will have to find at least three (3) independent eye-witnesses.
So, my statement in full should be "On this ride, I only needed one authorized IBA member's signature for a witness, I like getting two."
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote