Old October 12th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #1
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Finished My First Track Day

Now my neck and back is a little sore lol

I had a great time. There were a lot of great and very cool coaches. I spent every session with one except for the last, when they said I'm good to go, and let me go out alone. Everything about the day was fun. Watching the ex500/250s out there in expert class was fun too. Especially since the guys riding them looked older than my grandma lol

I made a few oopsies here and there, but the worst mistake i did twice. I was too concentrated on approaching 'wheelie hill' that I'd ride onto the grass part of the apex since there was no curbing.

During one session my bolt that connected my shift rod to the shifter vibrated out and I had to come off the track right by the pits. I shifted it into first by hand and rode off after.

it was cold but that obviously didn't stop anyone. a new record of 1:30.9 was during one of the last sessions. meanwhile I barely broke the 2 min mark my last session ( which was my best).

the zx6r was naked, but still pulled strong. I found myself passing in the straights and staying ahead of the people i passed. so i'm glad i wasn't completely parking it in the corners.

Also, I didn't know bikes could be so loud until gsxr's and s1000rr's were flying by at 150mph with basically straight pipes lol

these are the only pictures i have now.

first time i rode out of the pits

the instructors liked that i came there already hanging off the bike. they recommended i tuck my elbow in more and hang off more. they said i looked a little cramped on the bike, but they didn't know how i was so flexible lol

I need to take a look at my starter, its making a more high pitched noise than usual. ideas? and i need a better helmet. when leaned over, i cant see forward very well because the view port isn't large enough.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.