adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post
wicked! i would love to take a long trip on this bike... it seems like it'd be comfy enough for that, but i wasnt sure that you could pack anything on it... so the new generations have something underneath to clip things to from what i understand?
I'm the guy who posted the positive review of the Cargo Bag, linked above.

There's a single pair of hooks under the rear seat, but they're pretty useless IMHO because of their location.

The Cargo Bag comes with four straps, with corresponding spring-loaded buckles on the bag. The straps have loops in the end so you can attach them to any tubular object. Most tail bags have some sort of similar arrangement.

I attached the front straps to the passenger footpeg brackets, and the rear straps got looped trough some D rings that I'd attached to the license plate bolts.

Worked great. Stable, and it wasn't hard at all to put the bag on the bike and take it off. If you ride to dinner at the end of the day, DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE STRAPS OFF TOO!!!! (No, I didn't find out the hard way, but it could ruin your whole afternoon if you got something tangled up.)

Something to be aware of when you have a tailbag is that you need to get your leg over it to get on the bike. At the time I was having really serious knee problems, and I literally had to grab the cuff of my pants with my right hand and use my arm to haul my leg over the top of the thing.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote