Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by john117 View Post
Hey,

My biggest issue is getting the front off the ground, I have a proper car jack and stands but I don't want to tip the bike over. I have thought about using wood block + jack but if the triple tree are twisted, wouldn't I need to replace them with new ones? I am guessing $300 covers new triple tree.

Thanks
Triple's dont get bent, each is a more or less flat piece of steel with three holes, one for the steering column and two for the forks.
They tend to rotate respect to each other around the steering column during falls.

After they have rotated, the upper and lower holes for the forks are not aligned anymore.
Because of that, one fork points forward and the other points even more forward (they get twisted to each other) and hence, the handlebar and the wheel axle cannot be on the same plane (the handle bar and the wheel point in different directions).

That happens easily because the friction of the four clamps holding the fork's is not that big.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.