View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:50 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
better than regular jeans, not as good as leathers.

riding jeans are a compromise, I too wear riding jeans, with Bohn Adventure armour underneath them. I've never been down with them, hopefully I never will.

but when it comes to gear you have two issues, first is impact protection, second is abrasion protection. The trick is having enough of both, as I said its a compromise.

If I'm going for a nice easy ride I dress accordingly, if I'm going to be riding aggressive, my gear selection changes, as I expect to have an off, or at least my odds are better I will.

I have a lot of gear to choose from full racing leathers, all, the way down to riding jeans. I always wear my full face helmet, jacket, gloves, pants and boots.

I like the Bohn Adventure armour system as it offers excellent impact protection, and I wear them underneath my jeans, pants etc... As I said it a compromise I make, and most importantly I'm comfortable with, like you decision should be.

the problem with gear is people buy it, and then don't use it, either it's too heavy, hot, its pita to change, etc... you need to find what level of gear works for you. Nothing is worse than buying gear, and not using it, wasting you hard earned money.

hope this helps.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.