View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2023, 10:53 AM   #213
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
I believe the bottom of the fork seals with a copper crush washer, not thread tape.
Yeah, but there were so many small changes between 2008 and 2009 that I wonder if a little-known change here might explain this. I’m definitely the original owner and I don’t recall paying anyone to rebuild these forks prior to doing it myself so it really seems like they came that way from the factory.

I should order new bolts when I rebuild them again, just in case. *shrug* I have to order new crush washers anyway. Could adding plumber’s tape hurt?

That said, I don’t recall any leaks when they were stored vertically and only found it after they were stored horizontally… so perhaps they didn’t even leak out the bottom. I’ve been looking for them about as long as we had the storage unit and assumed they’d been stolen since I didn’t wrap them up and put them in there. Regardless, it’s time to get this them back on the bike!

Thanks.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote