View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #140
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choter View Post
What size inner diameter do I need for the breather please if anyone can let me know I want to have all the parts on hand for when I remove the airbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbowman78 View Post
Looking for that answer as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
The breather for the crankcase? I believe it is 5/8". I'm pretty sure mine was 1/2" and I still had to fight it a bit to get it on.
I remember asking myself, then the forum the same question when I pulled my airbox a while back. It's post 56 in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
In the OP I see Vex mentions needing/remembering late that the gear box needed a breather when pulling the box. Anyone happen to save the specs for the size of that tube (or other important measurements) so I can get a breather ahead of time? Likely gonna end up doing this in noche or another friend's garage, so the fewer trips I have to make to the auto parts store the better. Thanks!
Then I went out and measured it, post 58, this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
For reference, to connect to the end of the gearbox breather tube, it's 10mm inner diameter, 15mm outer. To connect directly to the gearbox nipple and bypass that looping tube, the OD is 22mm. I wound up just getting a double-male vacuum tube connector to bridge between the 10mm and my 12mm inner diameter cheapie breather.
Forgot I'd done that though, so went out in the rain a few minutes ago and measured it again:

There's a nipple coming off the top of the crankcase. The outer diameter on this is 16mm, thus you'll need that as the inner if you want to attach a breather directly to the top.

However, there's a tapered, bent hose that comes off the top of the crankcase to attach to the bottom of the airbox. Many people, myself included, simply attached a filter on the end of this hose. The inner diameter of the small end of the hose is 9-10mm, outer is about 15mm. The end that joins to the crankcase is 16-17mm on the inside, 22mm outside.

I'd be happy to take a picture of my setup if you want it, but it looks identical to the OP's in his second post, under the caption "ooh shiny"