View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #29
S.P.Rocket
Racer Girl

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 racebike, yz250f supermoto, crf150r supermoto, ktm 200 xcw, daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnaya View Post
OMG guys, thank you so much for all the advice! Most of the stuff I know about in theory, but it's way harder to actually practice in on the road lol
rockNroll, thanks for the pictures! It is actually much easier to understand when you can see too.
And everyone who posted here, I really appreciate your help. I've read every post carefully, and derived the essence advice from all of you. (love this forum!)

This is my 6th month riding, and I decided that I'm not going to move on to a bigger bike until I learn how to properly corner on my Leo (yes, that's his name, as in TMNT Once my chicken strips are non-existent and stay that way for a while, I know I have enough experience and confidence to try it on a bigger bike.

Also, I'm hoping to take my ninja to a track someday And cornering skills are useful to have there.

About the speed... all of the corners were done with ~70 as entering and ~75 as existing speeds. And even then sometimes it felt like my tires were skipping :/
For some reason, I can't find non-commuter ninjettes around this area, and I'm forced to ride with bigger bikes. They go around corners waaaaaay faster on those fat tires that they have... So i was looking for a way to keep up, and figured that ninjette's best advantage is flickability Now learning on how to take full advantage of it.

About the weight on the outside foot...i was always doing the opposite, actually. I used my inside foot to push down on the peg, and it helped with the turn. That could be one of my mistakes that you don't see on the video. Another is that 2 months ago I low-sided in a 90deg turn, and now i'm also working on my mental acceptance of the turns. (was terrified to lean for a while)

We (Moto Club at UF) host rides every Sunday, and this week we are hitting up the Ozello trail ( http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/16...rail-Ride.html ).
If anyone records me, i'll post it here to see how the learning process is going

BTW, if anyone is in the area and would like to join us, you're very welcome to do so. We are heading out from Gainesville, FL, around 10am this Sunday. PM me if you want to come. Should be a fun ride

ps. RaZeDaHeLL, так редко встречаю русских здесь! да еще чтоб и на мотоцикле тоже ездили! жалко, что не во Флориде ..
A ninja can actually go around the corners just as fast the bikes. I smoke plenty of big bikes on track days, but then I get smoked on the straights. It's all about your riding experience and abilities. Plus it is better to practice at a faster pace on the track then on the road. Go little wide on the track you aren't going wide into oncoming traffic. Body position takes time to learn and you have a good start. Start with moving you butt more over and remember to move your upper body as well. Remember we all start somewhere.

me in march

me in june
S.P.Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote