Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #56
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

I used to be big into strength training about 2 years ago. I'm a little guy (150lbs now, back when I did strength training I was 140lbs.. also I'm 5'7).

I only did strength training for a year. I was on a beginner program. Some of you may have heard of it. Strong lifts 5x5
I went from struggling to bench press 90lbs (I was 19 at the time) to being able to comfortably bench 185 3x5 (1 rep max was 200) I could squat 200 5x5 and dead lift 305 Also I would do 90lb weighted dips (not kidding) and 45lb chin ups and pull ups.

It all went though.. I lost all my strength about a year ago. I got a girlfriend became inconsistent and just stopped all together. Was with her for a year before having an extremely stressful break up about 2 months ago. Also I started Accutane about 4 months ago (which is a strong medication for acne that can cause achy joints and slow recovery). Not to mention about a month ago I got my bike and when I was riding it, it was like 2 hours a day every day.

I now sit here struggling to bench more than 150lbs for even a single rep. Dead lifts above 135. I don't even know how much I could squat. I'm sure even the bar would feel sort of heavy.

I can't blame anyone but myself honestly. But i'll get back into it again. If any of you need advice on strength training, I'll help you out. I may be weak now but my brain is still strong