Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #68
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

^^ worldtraveller, that's a somewhat strange contraption you ride, but it looks comfy. I love that feeling of a good workout -- it's like everything else in life gets quiet for an hour or so. Nothing really matters anymore, you just feel mellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenaero View Post
Love your recumbent! Very nice!!

I also have to watch out for hikers on the fireroads that I MTB on. Never had any angry confrontations but I do try hard to let them know I'll be passing them. Some wear headphones ( yes , even in the beautiful wolderness ) so they have a hard timing hearing my warning.

I love cycling and with my obsession for efficieny I'm thinking about building a velomobile. I did build a crude recumbent out of some junked bicycles and hope to make a better one as soon as I master some welding skills.
Good luck and that sounds like a great project! Make a thread about it and we can watch your progress with pictures etc.

I can relate to both of your posts... ^^ ^^, because when I run on the beach, there is of course an optimal spot to run where the water washes in/out, and the sand is just the right hardness that you don't get tired as quickly. Of course that's where every single damn ipod zombie landwhale is strolling along wheezing and sweating as it struggles to bend over and pick up seashells. MOVE. PEOPLE. PAY. ATTENTION. AND MOVE.

Anyways I'm off to hit the weights for today. Tame the mind but make savage the body.