View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:09 PM   #69
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
That's what I hate more than anything else... backsliding. If I take a few days off I can look in the mirror and tell. I'm not particularly huge either, so maybe it's just psychological.

Perhaps you could answer me this. How do I consistently gain mass and become stronger without working out? Some days I just don't feel like it and if there was a way around working out... some kind of magic trick or closely guarded secret, I'd love to know.
What do you mean? You want to find a way to continue to grow strength and muscle without working out? Unfortunately there really isn't a way.. When you work out you destroy muscle fibers, you replace the fibers with protein, and when you sleep your body uses the protein to rebuild the fibers that were destroyed from working out.

In order to gain muscle and strength you need 3 things, Exercise, food, sleep. That's it.

There's no trick or secret, etc. Unless you are referring to steroids. Some people are "mesomorphs" which mean they genetically have more muscle than, say, a endomorph or ectomorph.

My suggestion is just do a workout program you enjoy for an hour a day. Eat above your maintenance calories (anywhere between 300-800 cals, depending on how hard you want to bulk) and make sure to get at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (although if you are not trying bulk too hard, then .5 gram/lb of bw will suffice.) Then the most important step, get 8-10 hours a sleep. The more the better.

Muscles are destroyed in the gym, fed in the kitchen, built in the bedroom.