Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2021, 01:22 PM   #8
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallsmith27 View Post
with 110 it was white smoke and 120 it wouldn't rev and was spitting. 115 was the spot where it was a nice consistent rev with no plug fouling. if I let it idle for long enough it will make the spark plugs black.

The slides do rise smoothly. they "bounce" a little at idle like move up and down really quickly ever so slightly. not sure if thats normal. the diaphragms are in good condition

and yes the collar needs are the right way around. I learned that problem working on my other bike. having those the wrong way around makes the bike run crazy
The Main Jet should not affect the mixture at idle that much to make the plugs black. I would look closer at the Enrichener.

Still think you could go to a 108s. 105 is stock - and it is rich. 108 worked for us with pods and a leaky stock exhaust. Not having an airbox can mess with fuelling also.

How about the battery?

If you are testing it by revving in neutral in the garage, you will most likely get different results from riding (under load).

If you had a vacuum leak, or were overly lean, your RPMs would be high and hanging and not down low.

I think you are too rich, for whatever reason.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote