View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2021, 01:40 PM   #9
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
The Main Jet should not affect the mixture at idle that much to make the plugs black. I would look closer at the Enrichener.

Still think you could go to a 108s. 105 is stock - and it is rich. 108 worked for us with pods and a leaky stock exhaust. Not having an airbox can mess with fuelling also.

How about the battery?

If you are testing it by revving in neutral in the garage, you will most likely get different results from riding (under load).

If you had a vacuum leak, or were overly lean, your RPMs would be high and hanging and not down low.

I think you are too rich, for whatever reason.

I have started it so many times I can tell you exactly what it does.

It starts very easily, revs fine but when letting off the throttle it hangs and comes down very slow and it doesn't really return to idle. Like there is no idle. it never idles. it may idle for a second or so but not very often. I have to adjust the idle screw so much that it has the throttle open a lot just to keep it from dropping idle very low. thats about 3-4k with the idle screw all the way open and it will sometimes just start to rise and surge all on its own.

The battery is a 1 week old 20 amp hour battery. I pulled it out of a harley. I'm using it because it wont die with 20ah with all the stop starts.

I don't have any 108s I will have to go to the powersports store to get some of those to test but still going lower wont help with the surging and the idle.

also the enricher was in good condition but taking it off seemed to make it run better. the little diaphragm was in condition but for some reason running without it, it runs better.

Tuning under load should be easy once I have it tuned on the stand. more than likely it will just be stepping up or down slightly
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote