View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2021, 11:32 AM   #130
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL.... yah I replaced the points after I first got it....
the electronic ignition kit went on easy, and the directions were quite good although it said things like if your engine has a CC turning crank use position A on the stator plate, if it is a C turning crank use position B on the stator...
which set me back for a bit... I have no idea which way the crank turns you idiots ! so I had to kick the engine over and LOOK ... and that's alot of extra work for nothing ! geez ! ....
HEHEHEH . but all kidding aside it went on easy and worked first try with no muss or fuss... I'm quite happy with it !
I was concerned for a while weather the battery could keep up with it,as it needs a minimum of 10vdc to spark the plugs, but after seeing the output of the alternator at 15 volts now my concern is cooking the battery ! so ya can't win for the loosing...there's always something to worry about !
I think it's warm enough to go out to the shop and get started on that beast
so I guess I'll find out real quick ...it got down to 25 degrees last night here
everything had a deep layer of frost on it this morning so the shop will be cold as hell !
I may not be out there long ! LOL
...later !
Bob......