View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2021, 11:40 PM   #148
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

strange, I read that the 1100cc honda shadow I had weighed over 800lbs.
like 835.lbs or something like that... it was all I could do in the prime of my life to get that thing off the ground when it fell over ! and I was a strong fella at the time.... I couldn't begin to lift one now...
but that's not really important actually.... it's possible that it was just 600lbs and it's higher COG is the reason it was so heavy to get up !
this Triumph has a very low COG and that makes it alot easier to get the rubber side down ! ....
... I think I will go out there and see if I can find the cause of the rear brake light not working....
.... you really do need that on a street bike !
lol....
on my first ride on that thing I only used the brakes 3 times and had to rely on the front brake to stop.... that's not a good thing, so that is a priority to me right now....
for years I rode without even touching the front brake ...but I know better now.... that front brake is our friend !!!!
.... I can stop quite fast on the Ninja.... fast enough that you really gott'a be watching your rear view mirrors like a hawk !
Hay Jim I've been wondering where you get parts for your H2 750 ? that has got to be a tough thing to get pistons or bearings for anymore eh?
later all
Bob......