View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2021, 08:29 PM   #158
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I am still completely confuzed as to how and why both plug ins to the back brake light switch have 12VDC going to them....
it's my understanding from studying the wireing diagram that the white wire should be "hot" and the brown one should be grounded through the bulb.
so when the switch is turned on the power goes through the switch and to the brown wire lighting the bulb....
My work time on the bike got cut down a bit last night as I took the time to attack the little electric heater in the shop... I got it working better , but it now has no knock-over protection as I had to remove it to get to the thermostat...
( yes it's time to replace it!)
I pulled the headlight to find the plug in to the headlight bulb real loose and iffy.... at best but I did manage to get both high and low beams to work by the handle bar switch... I however doubt it will stay like that... the plug in is a new plug but it is toast already ..and needs to be replaced again. the clips are weak.
I found 2 wires not connected to anything in the headlight...
and it looks like the previous owner has been in there repairing stuff. with good connections ( crimp type ) and nothing is exposed so it can ground.

I made the mistake and left my VTOM in the shop a few nights ago and it got too cold... now my 12v battery is showing 12.89v... so it is no longer accurate.
which is a major bummer !
I guess the thing to do now is trace the stop light bulb power back to the battery and try and find out WHY the brown wire has power in it when it shouldn't....
later !
Bob........
One should be the running light and always on with motorcycle it should have ground and one with no 0 reading in tell the one of brake switch is activated the sent power to light.

The White Wire Hot In and Brown Wire Hot Out from front switch
The Brown should be going to Rear switch attached 2nd Brown continues onto the stop light bulb and red is ground
2 White wire are attached Flasher one attached key switch the other gose to brake rear brake switch there should Light Green/Brown wire that go to left/ rigth signal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77 bonny.jpg (77.7 KB, 4 views)
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote