View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2021, 09:14 PM   #159
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Exactly !.... and the front brake light switch is stuck in the ON position sending power down the brown wire making it hot all the time too....
so what I thought was the tail light was the brake light on all the time....
I disconnected the front brake light switch and then shorted across the
rear brake lite switches terminals and the light came on like it should... so we're good to go, all I need is the switch. and that should be here in a couple of days....
I squeezed the headlight terminal connectors together and made them tighter
as well and now everything electrical works as it should except the front brake light switch....but I think that will be one that stays that way.
it's a switch that is notorious for failing anyway... even after market switches fail ...it's just a bad design .
I used my hot air gun to warm up the stiff wires in the headlight and man that HF. heat gun works real good I am impressed with it !
somewhere along the line I bought a HF brake bleed kit but I can't seem to find it .... I know I have it somewhere.... but where ?
....I want to bleed the rear brake and get it working properly... it has air in it... ( it was completely empty when I brought the bike home.)
so other than bleeding the rear brake system and the rear brake switch we are almost ready to roll....
( once I re assemble it that is...)
so a bit more success... today...
it's right at freezing out there right now but having that shop heater working helped a great deal... i am still cold but not near as bad as I was yesterday !
LOL.....
later !
Bob.....