View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2021, 09:02 PM   #177
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

how about that...it worked first try ! imagen that !
LOL....
the reservoir, 3rd and 4th pic. attaches to that ate up round aluminum rod via that bolt I was talking about with the large washer under it.... I was right it did not block it off there is a height difference.
but that cup is supposed to seal to that round rod and hold the brake fluid and send it down to the master cylinder.....
age has not been kind to these parts at all.... I will replace the rod as the surface must be smooth to seal.
to get the master cylinder out to clean it ,is going to be a long drawn out ordeal... I have to take off the rear tire
to get the room to get the MC out... to take the tire off and out of there I need to remove the rear fender....
....I am wondering if I took the rear shock off could I lower the swing arm enough to get the tire out of the fender...
...I don't want to take off the fender if I don't have too ! LOL....
...who would have thought the speedo cable goes to the rear wheel ? that's a new one on me !
anyway.... now I wait again for parts....
but I am reluctant to order parts till I get the Master cylinder off and inspect it...I may well need a new one !
but what the heck I know I need the reservoir holder... I just as well order it now as it takes a week or more to get to me from Denver Co.

Bob.....