View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2021, 06:18 PM   #186
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

interesting stuff about brake fluids guys I've found it very educational !
still it looks like dot 5 is the best for me ... I don't have any problems with fading brakes due to heat so I'll stick with dot 5
I went to Harbor freight this morning and came back with a motorcycle lift
it's their $129.00 one, hydraulic and it went together in a snap and works like a charm.... problem now is how to get it UNDER the triumph with the rear wheel off and main stand down .... that poses a problem ! LOL
I think I'll get the kids help again and raise it up the way I did last time and slip the wheel back on and put the axle through it... then... take it back down
and fold up the center stand and then use the motorcycle jack to jack it up
and then take the back tire off again...
.... that way I can go high enough to get the tire on and off with only me doing it ! LOL
anyway... my rear brake light switch came that I ordered a week ago...
but I'll save it for now in my Triumph box... as the old one works just fine now that I cleaned the insides of it... so I have a spare now...
I was cleaning up the old parts I am going to re-use and just puttering around in the shop today.... picked up a few tools and more or less just surveyed the carnage.... Poor bike... I hope she doesn't hold a grudge!
she hasn't been that tore apart sense I got her ! but it's for a good cause she's getting a new rear brake system !
Bob........