View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2021, 09:40 AM   #191
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, today ( last night actually) I cleaned the shop and took in the Bike lift
I put it under the front of the engine and got as far back as I could with it and then used the floor screw jack to keep the bike level as it went up... got it up a long way slipped the tire under there and put the axle through the wheel and let it back down...
folded the centerstand and moved the bike lift further back... found some perfect blocks
(big lead diver weights) and used them to reach the frame.... then raised the bike again
and took the back tire back out from under the bike and now I am all set to start re- assembly of the brake system.... but I must wait for the parts to get here...
... and my shop heater isn't doing much anymore I guess I gott'a get me a shop heater
after all.... been into that heater 3 times but I can't get the thermostat to work any better than on a extremely low setting... so fooie on it !
I finished cleaning all the old break parts except the rear caliper...but I really don't want to mess with that for fear of screwing it up I'll blast out as much of the Dot 3 brake fluid as I can with WD-40 and call that good enough....
the brake shoes are new...i mean NEW there isn't any mileage on them so the back brake hasn't worked at all....
later !
Bob......