View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2022, 12:36 PM   #42
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok so this morning I got the RX4 back into the shop and put on the handle bar risers so I could lower the front forks the 2" i need to balance that with the rear lowering.... the job went like clock work and I probably had both jobs done in an hour....
I got everything very tight except the 2 bottom bolts on the handle bar clamps because you can't get to them with the handle bars on.... not enough room so I'll probably cut down an allen wrench just for that job just to make sure they are tight.... they don't move or slip at the moment but they might so I'ed rather be sure.....
so now I get to go put a few miles on "miss Piggy" and see how she handles now.... she should be as good as new now and tuck her butt into the corners
I like that ! it's a good feeling on a bike no forcing the thing to corner just allow the bike to do it !
I took the big top box off so the bike cover would fit better and I think I like it better that way.... I still have the saddle bags on it so I have cargo capasity so that's not a problem at all.
back when I was riding the 305 dream at over 1000 miles a month I had saddle bags on her as well and I had a set amount that I always carried with me... that included my heavy rain gear I usually had a sleeping bag strapped on to the sissy bar as well so I could lean back against it and relax
so I am liable to put the top box back on in the future so I can put a sleeping bag on it in front of the box and have a lounge chair for my rides ! you can really stack on the miles when your comfortable !
.... the handle bar risers I got were billet aluminum type that clamp in the existing handle bar clamps and then raise up into another handle bar clamp
I got those because they offer the best option on positioning the handlebars
the handle bars now are just under shoulder height and seem to be perfect for me ... a bit high but I'll get used to it !
... those handle bar clamps were for 1-1/8" handle bars because this thing has tapered handle bars ( never messed with them before)
so the one end that goes into the stock handle bar clamp needed the spacers they provided and the other end clamped on the handle bars they fit perfectly.... it worked really slick ! their black though, I should have got polished aluminum ...LOL
AND with the lowering of the front forks the side stand still works good ...it's not too vertical .... i was worried about that only taking off 3/4"
I probably only have 6" of ground clearance now but I CAN touch the ground ! HAHAHAHAHAH !
Bob.......