View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #1
manorat
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

New bike with new problems.

I just bought a bike a couple weeks ago. I got it off a bike shop that took the bike when the owner couldn't pay for work done. the work that was done (or so i'm told) was that the carb was rebuilt. When I looked at the bike it ran. I test rode it up and down the side walk in first and 2nd gear. seemed ok. Had the guy flat bed it to my house for me. I took it for a ride later that evening, and it rode alright, but not perfect, really didn't pull or accelerate properly. After riding around the block twice pulled in the drive way and nothing. It died and didn't start up again. It didn't start for a whole week after that. Then miraculously two days ago it started. and ran very rough. Now it runs and chugs at about 1000 rpm idle. Any gas causes it to stall. If it put the choke all the way on it'll rev up but still doesn't respond to the throttle. What can I do? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is my first post here, so thank you all in advance, i'm very excited to be a part of this community.
manorat is offline   Reply With Quote