View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Jetting Woes...

Ok guys, I need some help here.

I looked through the jetting database and used very similar numbers as other members as a baseline:

K&N r0990 filter (aibox deleted)
Area P Full Exhaust (15" quiet core)
Factory Pro Jet kit - 12.5 jets with needles and clip in 3rd position.
elevation: 250-1100 ft

I also removed the kleen air system (following the DIY's on here). In the process I had to block off the upper port which is right below the gas tank and put a breather filter on the lower one which is down under the K&N filter.

As per the factory pro instructions I sandwiched 2 washers in between 2 clips to help with the bouncing.

Now, time to set my idle screws. Here's where the problems come in.

My idle is now at 1500rpm. I dont know why, but it is. On its own, it will fluctuate between 1500 and 1750 and then settle back down. It almost seems like theres a vacuum leak or something. Ignoring this for the time being I blipped the throttle to see if it hangs or if it dips. It hangs, for a long time (4-7sec) before settling between 1500 and 1750.

Changing the idle set screws from their baseline setting (2.5 turns out) to 3 turns out makes no difference, it still hangs. Where should I look first??!

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I can take pics if that will help clarify anything.

Thanks in advance!!

-J
Jerkson is offline   Reply With Quote